Friday, July 22, 2011

A very dizzying art project

I have gotten a little behind in my posting, sorry about that- I am sure you are on the edge of your seat waiting to see the photos from al the supah-fly art projects we've been doing. We have had some of our "regulars" out on vacay, so I tried to include everyone in this project in 2 different sessions.




One of the kids did not want to paint his. I like it this way too.

From a 3 or 4 year old. I can't remember how old O is. Sorry R.

J's

E's

C's

I's. (and when she added those vertical lines, I was unsure about what it would look like. I love them !)

N's (totally different from all the others...no color mixing)

V showing us that she is left handed and that she loves to paint!


Anyhoo, We dropped some India Ink on white watercolor paper and blew at it through a straw (and then we all got a little lightheaded, so if you do this make sure to take breathing breaks). After our design dried completely we used watercolors to fill in the spaces between the ink. It made a very nifty abstract effect, and the kids seemed happy with the end results.

disclaimer: I did use a little photoshop on those project photos. I like to soften the edges a little, turn up the contrast in the colors, and make them look more layered. I think all of these would look really neat if printed poster sized and framed!!! Wal-Mart does it real cheap, and I will def get my own kids projects printed like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment